Recipe by Sarah in New York
This ice cream pie is so incredibly good. I can't even explain how wonderful it is. It's so easy to make too. Try it, you'll make it again and again!
Top Review by Hazeleyes
Oh, this was so creamy and good! I used vanilla, fudge swirl ice cream which made it chocolatey. I only had the smooth peanut butter, so next time I'll try the crunchy. I chopped a couple of Reese's peanut butter cups for the top, which put it over the top! I used Oreo's Double Stuff, and found that with the extra stuff in the middle, I didn't need to add any melted butter at all. I wonder if that helped with the calorie count at all?! Wishful thinking! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 15 Oreo cookies (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream (softened-not melted)
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (crushed)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Oreos and butter and mix well.
- Press into pie dish to form a crust going 3/4 of the way up the sides.
- Mix ice cream, peanut butter & vanilla until well blended and smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Freeze for a few hours (until frozen).
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top and drizzle chocolate syrup right before serving.