Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted by request. This cobbler is a "dump" recipe and the juices of the pineapple and frozen peaches mixes with the cake mix while baking to form a cake layer that is both gooey and crispy on top. It is a recipe from a local PBS cooking show QED cooks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread crushed pineapple with its juices in the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Next scatter one bag of frozen peaches over the pineapple.
- Dump the white cake mix on top of the peaches.
- Scatter second bag of frozen peaches over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle the optional raisins or pecans.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the raisins.
- Next evenly pour the melted margarine over the entire pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, or until the edges are crispy golden and pulling away from the side of the pan.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt, or whipped cream.
I'm revising my initial review of this because I made it again for a church event. This time it was perfect sweetness so it may well depend on the brand of cake mix that you use. I received a lot of complements on it and a lot of people asked me for the recipe. Thanks again for sharing!
I really like this recipe except I don't use the pineapples or the raisins or pecans and I have also used my peaches fresh from my tree. I just cover the bottom with peaches, add some peach nectar about 1/4 -1/3 cup and on top I put about 2 cups of peaches. I also have switched margarine with butter and added cinnamon and that has made all the difference in the world!
I saw this on a show on PBS and I knew I had to make it. My family LOVED it--it is something I can see myself making pretty often.