Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
A nice summertime side dish.
- 2 small zucchini
- 3 medium yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Slice zucchini and yellow squash diagonally.
- Saute' vegetables in olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add cheese and remaining ingredients; toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
I had some yellow and green squash (and basil) from the garden that I need to use up, and this was a great way to do so. 3 minutes was not enough time for the squash to cook, since my squash was rather large and I like it a little on the softer side. This is so simple, yet tasty. Thanks for sharing this.
I have done this before except without the parmesan and basil. The addition of these 2 ingredients made this excellent. I was hoping that my husband would like this, since he didnt care for zucchini or squash in the past, but he refused to try it. :( The kids did try though and my daughter liked it. Thanks for a keeper podapo.
I do this kind of thing all the time in the summer. It's SO good.