Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me by a great guy we called "Papa Bear". This is easy and really good. Hi Papa Bear, if you're out there. :)
- Place chicken between plastic wrap and pound to flatten just a little.
- Place chicken in glass pan and marinate in lemon juice for about 10 minutes. Turning a few times.
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper and olive oil turn to coat and let marinate for another 15 minutes.
- Put bread crumbs on plate and coat chicken on both sides.
- Fold chicken in half and place in a glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes then flip over and bake another 8-10 minutes.
- Do not overbake. :).
Thank you for such an easy scrumptious chicken recipe! Used thighs, with skin. Then, made a combo of black, wild and jasime rice, in the rice cooker. Topped the rice with the Watercress Cilantro Sauce found on Recipezaar, (but I didnâ€™t save it and canâ€™t find it againâ€¦ there was yogurt in it, I remember). Anyway it was mmmm mmmm good. Next time I might just have to throw in some jalpenos somewhere there! Will use Papa Bearâ€™s recipe when chicken is called for in salads.
A moist, delicious chicken that was perfectly seasoned. I used lemon pepper seasoning (w/o salt) since the bread crumbs have salt in them already and used only one lemon. I couldn't fold chicken in half to bake because my fan-assisted oven likes to burn anything that isn't flat as a pancake. So, I pounded the chicken to an even thickness (in a ziploc to avoid mess), placed on foil, squeezed lemon juice, drizzled oil, seasoned with lemon pepper and then dredged in breadcrumbs on a paper plate. Couldn't have been any easier or any better. We'll have this regularly. Oh, and I cooked for 35 minutes to perfection.
This made up fairly easily, but I had problems keeping the breading on. I think next time I won't turn it. Nice flavor, but I did use more than 1 teaspoon of the lemon pepper and cooked mine for about 10 minutes longer than stated and it turned out nice and juicy. Thanks