Recipe by bellisima
I'm not exactly sure where I got this one from-it may have been a variation on the "Chex Mix" party mix. It's fast, easy to prepare & is a great snack for playing cards (good beer food!). Not for those watching sodium content.
Top Review by lucy.fale
My husband is a very picky eater and he just loves this recipe. I suggest using butter flavored popcorn oil instead of real butter because it mixes very well with the onion soup mix and sauce, but it also covers completely every single pretzel.
- 118.29 ml butter, melted (I use unsalted)
- 59.14 ml onion soup mix (this should be equal to one envelope commercially prepared soup mix)
- 29.58-59.16 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 453.59 g plain pretzel nuggets (low salt version is great if you can find it, I've also used broken sourdough pretzel pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread pretzels out in an even layer in 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to taste (we like it dark so I tend to be heavy on it).
- Add dry soup mix.
- Stir until well blended.
- Drizzle over pretzels; toss to coat all pieces.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes in 250°F; toss every 15 minutes to make sure pieces toast thoroughly. Pretzels should be dark brown but not burnt.