Recipe by yogi
Delicious sweet and creamy dip especially good with tart apples. So easy to make with just 3 ingredients. Don't expect this to taste exactly like caramel, but it's a pretty good substitution.
Top Review by UmmBinat
I make this all the time. I usually use Iraqi date syrup by itself with any nut butter or good organic tahini. I like Nut's to You Nut Butter brand as they have lots of choices. I used almond hazelnut butter from Nut's to You, date syrup to be easier as I had it on hand and local raw honey. Dipped granny smith apple slices in it. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game 2013.
- 6 dates, soaked in water for at least an hour
- 2 -3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey (I used raw honey)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a small blender or mini chopper and whiz till smooth.
- You may want to add just a bit of water to help get things moving, but try to keep it a dipping consistency unless you will use it drizzled on fruit or a dessert.
- Taste, then adjust to your liking. I don't like it too sweet so will usually add more almond butter but you can sweeten even more with extra dates or honey.
- Store in the frig.