Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I am saving this recipe from the back of an old chocolate chip bag. My daughter has been making these for years and I don't know how long it will be before the bag with the recipe falls apart. These are good cookies that don't survive the day. We have made these with both milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chips and both are good!
- 158.51 ml butter, melted
- 473.18 ml lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 29.58 ml hot water
- 631.69 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 300 g package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, eggs and hot water.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop from a teaspoon or form into 1" balls.
- Place 2-inches apart on an ungreased shiny cookie sheet (the insulated kinds work the best) Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
These cookies were good. My teenager loved them ! :-) ...I added sprinkles to them to make the cookied more colorful
By far the grossest chocolate chip cookies i have ever tasted! they were horrible
These are some very delicious cookies. Not sure why but the dough came out very creamy-like. I just tried to add a bit more flour to toughen it up a bit. Still, they baked good, 9 min, came out very soft. They have a buttery taste but not as fattening as a normal cookie (2 WW pts per cookie for those on the plan). Going to take these cookies to my family so they can taste. Used semi-sweet Nestle choc. chips. Very good!