Recipe by rockinred
I came across this recipe when searching for a recipe to prepare mulling spices to give as a gift (not to make a mulled drink). This is great to save some money (those store-bought mulling spices are EXPENSIVE) or *perfect* to slip into a gift basket or even put in a nice mug as a simple, thoughtful gift!
- 6 whole cardamom
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 12 whole cinnamon sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Open cardamon pods and remove seeds; crust lightly.
- Combine seeds with cloves, allspice and orange peel.
- Place 2 teaspoons of spice mixture in the center of a 4 inch square of cheesecloth or muslin; bring corners together and tie with string to make a bag.
- Tie 3 cinnamon sticks to each bag; repeat with remaining spice mixture.
- Directions for use: Place 1 bag in 1 quart apple cider, cranberry juice or red wine.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.