I came across this recipe when searching for a recipe to prepare mulling spices to give as a gift (not to make a mulled drink). This is great to save some money (those store-bought mulling spices are EXPENSIVE) or *perfect* to slip into a gift basket or even put in a nice mug as a simple, thoughtful gift!
My Private Note
spice b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open cardamon pods and remove seeds; crust lightly.
- 2Combine seeds with cloves, allspice and orange peel.
- 3Place 2 teaspoons of spice mixture in the center of a 4 inch square of cheesecloth or muslin; bring corners together and tie with string to make a bag.
- 4Tie 3 cinnamon sticks to each bag; repeat with remaining spice mixture.
- 5Directions for use: Place 1 bag in 1 quart apple cider, cranberry juice or red wine.
- 6Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mulling Spices (For Wine/Apple Cider)
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: