Recipe by Smilyn
From Cooking Light May '06. With around 400 calories per serving, skip the Jack in the Whatever and Quizso's which are higher in calories, fat and too big in servings.
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) ciabatta, loaf
- 12 large basil leaves
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced (bottled ok!)
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pesto and mayo in a small bowl, stirring to blend.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until done.
- Remove and place on cutting board to cool slightly.
- Cut chicken lenghtwise into thin slices.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut ciabatta in half horizontally.
- Place bread, cut sides up, on a baking sheet.
- Broil until lightly browned (please watch so bread doesn't burn!). Remove bread from pan.
- Spread pesto mixture evenly over cut sides of bread.
- Arrange the chicken slices evenly over bottom half.
- Top chicken evenly with basil leaves, and sprinkle cheese over top.
- Place bottom half on baking sheet and broil until cheese melts (watch it!).
- Arrange bell pepper and tomato over cheese and cover with top half of bread.
- Cut into 4 equal slices and serve immediately.