From Cooking Light May '06. With around 400 calories per serving, skip the Jack in the Whatever and Quizso's which are higher in calories, fat and too big in servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) ciabatta, loaf
- 12 large basil leaves
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced (bottled ok!)
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1Combine pesto and mayo in a small bowl, stirring to blend.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add chicken and cook until done.
- 5Remove and place on cutting board to cool slightly.
- 6Cut chicken lenghtwise into thin slices.
- 7Preheat broiler.
- 8Cut ciabatta in half horizontally.
- 9Place bread, cut sides up, on a baking sheet.
- 10Broil until lightly browned (please watch so bread doesn't burn!). Remove bread from pan.
- 11Spread pesto mixture evenly over cut sides of bread.
- 12Arrange the chicken slices evenly over bottom half.
- 13Top chicken evenly with basil leaves, and sprinkle cheese over top.
- 14Place bottom half on baking sheet and broil until cheese melts (watch it!).
- 15Arrange bell pepper and tomato over cheese and cover with top half of bread.
- 16Cut into 4 equal slices and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mozzarella Chicken Ciabatta Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 693.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sun-dried tomato pesto