Recipe by Bergy
This salad was served in a wonderful French restaurant in Vancouver and was a big hit with customers. The dressing gives a lovely color and finish to the salad
Top Review by spatchcock
Another winner from you, Bergy! This was incredible--everyone was oohing and aahing over how gourmet this salad is---(I bought oyster and shiitake mushrooms to use in the salad instead of regular ones) and I also gave in and bought a gourmet mix of greens--arugula, rocket, etc and added LOTS of parsley. A very potent little salat. THANK YOU....... — posted Oct 6, 2002, 2 members found this helpful
- 1 head butter lettuce (or other fancy leaf lettuce)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar, white
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange Lettuce on a large platter or individual plates.
- Lay the sliced eggs and sliced musrooms decoratively on the lettuce. Sprinkle the parsley throughout the salad.
- In a blender or food processor mix all the ingredients for the dressing blend well.
- Put dressing in a cruet.
- Pour over salad just before serving or let everyone put their own dressing on the salad at the table.