- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped (or green onion tops)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweet potatoes and parsnips in large saucepan. Cover with cold water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain vegetables; return to pan. Add milk, butter, salt and nutmeg. Mash potato mixture to desired consistency over low heat. Stir in chives.