Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The seasoning in this recipe is used by Marylanders when steaming crabs and shrimp, but it adds such a unique flavor to chicken as well. We also sprinkle it on French Fries.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken (breast, thigh or combination)
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, covered. Add chicken and poach for about 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and allow to cool enough for handling. Shred with two forks or finely chop the chicken and transfer to a fairly large bowl. You should have about 4 cups of chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until using.
- This makes enough for 8 to 10 sandwiches or pita pockets.
- **You do not need salt in this recipe because the seasoning already contains salt.
Great, simple, work week recipe. I made this vegan and used Quorn naked chick'n cutlets and nayonaise (vegan mayo). I LOVE Old Bay, so I used a little more than was called for in addition to some hot Hungarian paprika and smoked paprika. As the recipe was written I would have only given it 3.5 stars, but the minor modifications in seasoning make this 5 stars in my opinion.