Nat Da Brat's Note:
This was posted in our local newspaper's "Food" section. I couldn't resist, and had to add this to my cookbook. From: The Ottawa Citizen, Dec. 10/ 2003
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Toss almonds with maple syrup and salt.
- 3Add oil last, and toss to coat.
- 4Spread coated almonds on baking sheet lined with parchmment paper.
- 5Bake until roasted and syrup has thickened, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 6Be careful not to let them burn, which can easily happen with maple syrup.
- 7Let cool on pan.
- 8Break apart any clumps while still a bit warm or the sugar will crack off.
- 9When completely cool, store in airtight container at room temp.
- 10Keeps 1 month.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Roasted Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (1150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.6
- Calories from Fat 683
- Total Fat 75.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2330.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 30.4 g