Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was posted in our local newspaper's "Food" section. I couldn't resist, and had to add this to my cookbook. From: The Ottawa Citizen, Dec. 10/ 2003
- 6 cups whole almonds (skins on)
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Toss almonds with maple syrup and salt.
- Add oil last, and toss to coat.
- Spread coated almonds on baking sheet lined with parchmment paper.
- Bake until roasted and syrup has thickened, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Be careful not to let them burn, which can easily happen with maple syrup.
- Let cool on pan.
- Break apart any clumps while still a bit warm or the sugar will crack off.
- When completely cool, store in airtight container at room temp.
- Keeps 1 month.
Great little snacks, and so easy to put together. These will be made again at our house.
This recipe is awesome. I will be trying this again. It will be perfect for my christmas baskets. Thanks for the great recipe. it was so easy to make and the taste is great not too sweet.