Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From "The Hip Chicks Guide to Macrobiotics" by Jessica Porter. I couldn't find brown rice syrup, so I used Organic Blue Agave syrup instead, which is just lovely, like a very light honey. I also used Kashi's 7 Whole Grain Puffs cereal in place of the crispy brown rice cereal because it's what I had.
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter or 2⁄3 cup almond butter or 2⁄3 cup smooth cashew butter or 2⁄3 cup hazelnut butter
- 1 dash umeboshi vinegar
- 1 dash vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- cinnamon or nutmeg or raisins or roasted almonds or peanuts (optional) or cashews (optional)
- Over a medium flame, heat up brown rice syrup, peanut butter, vinegar, and, if desired, vanilla extract, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth, thinned out, and bubbling a little. Pour cereal into a mixing bowl. Add rice syrup mixture to it and blend well with a wooden spoon. Pour into an oiled pan and flatten with a wet spatula. Let cool. Slice and serve.