Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love cookie dough, like to eat it raw, and are looking to cut out a few calories while still enjoying your favorite treat this recipe is for you! After searching high and low for this recipe I ended up making it myself. For only half the calories of regular recipes this is a tasty while still diet-friendly treat. Yum! I like to divide the whole recipe into portions, like 8 portions for 340 calories each. Or make only 1/4 batch and divide it in two which keeps me from eating the whole batch!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Combine butter, applesauce, sugar substitute, brown sugar, meringue powder, and water until well blended.
- Add salt and flour and stir until all flour is incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide into portions, make truffles, or start eating!
I was very disappointed. I really had in mind something smooth and cookie doughie but this was nowhere closse to that. The batter had the texture of a very thick cake batter or very thin bread dough. The taste was not good at all. I wasted all of the ingredients. Im sorry: I hate giving bad reviews but it was the truth. :(