Recipe by Barb G.
Lamb Chops Scottaditto: Scottaditto means finger-blistering, and with these lamb chops it's a serious risk: they're so good you'll not want to wait for them to cool. The recipe comes ItalianFood.about.com
- 2 1⁄4 lbs lamb chops
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 3 -4 juniper berries or 3 -4 gin
- 3 -4 peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the olive oil and wine in a bowl; crush the juniper berries and garlic, tear the bay leaf; Combine crushed berries or gin, and garlic with the lemon wedges and ADD to the oil and wine mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the lamb chops and marinade for at least 12 HOURS in refrigerater; turning the pieces occasionally; (A plastic ziplock bag works great).
- You can either cook the lamb chops in a skillet, over a brisk flame, or grill them over the coals;In either case, lay slices of lemon from the marinade over them as they cook, turn occasinally, and salt them well when they are almost done; If you are cooking them over the coals you may also want to baste them with the marinade, Enjoy.