Recipe by Miraklegirl
This is an easy, really good pizza dough from the cookbook that came with my KitchenAid mixer. Last night, I topped it with grilled vegetables, pine nuts, and fresh mozzarella but the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
Top Review by quixoposto
I use this recipe all the time. It is important to only put as much flour as needed usually closer to 2.5 than 3.5 cups. Sometimes I double the olive oil, sometimes I add herbs to the dough such as rosemary or italian seasoning.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
- Add salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cup flour.
- Attach bowl and dough hook, turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute.
- Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to dough hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 2 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover, let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down.
- Brush 14 inch pizza pan with oil.
- Press dough across bottom of pan forming collar around edge to hold filling Top with fillings and bake at 450°F for 15 to 20 minutes.