Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you like Kit-Kats try this recipe! YUUUUUUUUUMMMMM Freezing time is included in Prep time
Make and share this Kit Kat Ice Cream Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Have an 8-inch springform pan ready.
- Remove ice cream and gelato from freezer.
- Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or until soft and spreadable but not melting.
- (Return to freez-er briefly if too soft to work with.) Meanwhile, with a long sharp knife, cut 9 KitKat bars in 4 sections each.
- Stand around sides of pan, narrower KitKat-inscribed side against pan.
- Coarsely chop remaining 9 KitKat bars; make 3 equal piles.
- Spoon coffee ice cream into springform pan; spread firmly and evenly to cover bottom.
- Sprinkle with 1 pile chopped KitKats.
- Continue layering, adding 1 pint chocolate ice cream, a pile of chopped KitKats, the hazelnut gelato, remaining chopped KitKats, then remaining 1 pint chocolate ice cream.
- (If at any time the bottom layer (s) begin to melt, place cake in freezer until ice cream becomes firm.) Cover pan and freeze at least 8 hours until very firm or up to 1 month.
- Just before serving; Remove pan sides and garnish as shown.
- To make clean cuts, dip a long, sharp knife in hot water between cuts.
- FYI KitKats are sold in several sizes.
- For this cake we used 3 1/2-in-long KitKat bars, each having 4 sections, often sold in 6-packs of 1 1/2 oz each TIP: Can be prepared through Step 5, wrapped well and frozen up to 1 month.
This had an impressive presentation! I changed the flavors of ice cream to include milk & dark chocolate, dulce de leche and vanilla all from Hagan Daaz. It was rich and delicious!