If you like Kit-Kats try this recipe! YUUUUUUUUUMMMMM Freezing time is included in Prep time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pint coffee ice cream
- 2 pints chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint hazelnut gelato
- 18 Kit Kat bars (1.5oz each, see FYI)
- toasted skinned hazelnuts
- extra Kit Kat bar
- 1Have an 8-inch springform pan ready.
- 2Remove ice cream and gelato from freezer.
- 3Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or until soft and spreadable but not melting.
- 4(Return to freez-er briefly if too soft to work with.) Meanwhile, with a long sharp knife, cut 9 KitKat bars in 4 sections each.
- 5Stand around sides of pan, narrower KitKat-inscribed side against pan.
- 6Coarsely chop remaining 9 KitKat bars; make 3 equal piles.
- 7Spoon coffee ice cream into springform pan; spread firmly and evenly to cover bottom.
- 8Sprinkle with 1 pile chopped KitKats.
- 9Continue layering, adding 1 pint chocolate ice cream, a pile of chopped KitKats, the hazelnut gelato, remaining chopped KitKats, then remaining 1 pint chocolate ice cream.
- 10(If at any time the bottom layer (s) begin to melt, place cake in freezer until ice cream becomes firm.) Cover pan and freeze at least 8 hours until very firm or up to 1 month.
- 11Just before serving; Remove pan sides and garnish as shown.
- 12To make clean cuts, dip a long, sharp knife in hot water between cuts.
- 13FYI KitKats are sold in several sizes.
- 14For this cake we used 3 1/2-in-long KitKat bars, each having 4 sections, often sold in 6-packs of 1 1/2 oz each TIP: Can be prepared through Step 5, wrapped well and frozen up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kit Kat Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.0
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 75.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 49.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: