1/1 Photo of KFC Mac & Cheese (Copycat)
The Spice Guru's Note:
My reverse-engineered recipe for KFC's "Mac & Cheese", by request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni
- 1 1/8 cups skim milk (or 9 Tbsps whole milk with 9 Tbsps water)
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1NOTE: PREPARE EXACTLY AS DIRECTED. USE LARGE ELBOW MACARONI.
- 2INTO 1 1/8 cups of milk, whisk in the nonfat dry milk, cornstarch, mustard powder, seasoning salt and white pepper.
- 3CUT Velveeta Original cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 4SHRED 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- 5COOK (boil) macaroni according to package directions.
- 6DRAIN macaroni and return to pot.
- 7ADD the remaining ingredients except cheddar cheese and stir over medium heat.
- 8STIR mixture often without letting mixture boil (reduce heat if this happens), until thickened and glossy in appearance.
- 9ADD the shredded cheddar cheese until melted and creamy.
- 10SERVE immediately and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for KFC Mac & Cheese (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 1401.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: