Recipe by Helping Hands
This is an awesome low-carb version of loaded baked potatoes, and tastes far better than any version of mock potatoes that I have tried. In fact, this dish is soooo good, you will not believe it! I do not remember where I got this recipe, but it is a fabulous side to any low-carb meal. You will be pleased, I promise! Yum! Yum!
Top Review by Mean Mary
This was absolutely delicious. I am not necessarily a fan of cauliflower but this intrigued me. I cooked the cauliflower in chicken stock and also added some finely diced red onion. I had guests over for dinner and everyone loved it. Thanks for sharing, Helping Hands, this is a keeper.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked cauliflower (I use frozen, cooked until tender, in the microwave)
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat works here, too)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (full-fat works best)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 -6 slices crumpled cooked bacon or 3 -6 slices turkey bacon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Chop cooked cauliflower into very small pieces.
- Mix sour cream, 1/2 of the green onions, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon, and salt and pepper to taste in medium bowl.
- Stir in the cauliflower.
- Place in medium baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining green onions on top just before serving.