1/3 Photos of Jucy Lucy Cheeseburger
Bay Laurel's Note:
I saw this on the Travel channel an had to give it a try. It looked like heaven. A Jucy Lucy is basiclly two beef pattys put together with the sides pinched and American cheese in the middle. I was literally overcome with greed on this . I am sure you will understand once you try this. Yum Yum. Enjoy! p.s. I didnt spell the name it wrong, this is the way it is spelled at Matt's Bar in Minneapolis..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill to 400°F.
- 21. Place beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Portion into eight even units. Shape each portion into a thin round patty that's slightly larger than the cheese slice.
- 32. Fold cheese slices in half twice so you have a little stack of quartered cheese slices. Place a folded cheese stack on 4 the patties, covering cheese with remaining 4 patties.
- 43. Tightly crimp the edges of the patties together to form a tight seal.
- 54. Did you make a tight seal? I hope so, because it needs to be TIGHT to avoid a blowout as the cheese melts, creates steam, and tries to find its way out of its meaty prison.
- 65. Preheat a cast-iron skillet or heavy-bottomed pan to medium heat (or fire up a medium-hot bed of coals on your backyard grill), and cook burgers over heat 3 to 4 minutes on first side. Burger may puff up due to steam from melting cheese. This is normal. Do not be alarmed.
- 76. Flip, and using toothpick, prick top of burger to allow for steam escape. Allow burger to cook 3 to 4 minutes on this side.
- 87. Remove patties from pan or grill. Bun those suckers, slap some condiments on, and dig inches.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jucy Lucy Cheeseburger
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.8
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 468.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 48.0 g