1/1 Photo of Jerrymac's New York Style Pizza Dough
8 hrs 10 mins
The best, BEST, NY style pizza dough recipe I have ever tried (and I have tried a TON). Crusty on the bottom, thin in the middle, puffy & chewy & bubbly around the edges.....putting it here for safe keeping!!
My Private Note
pizza p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make poolish:Mix 1 1/2 C flour and 1 teaspoons yeast together in bowl, add 1 1/3 C water, mix well, cover with plastic and let ferment at room temp for 2 to 5 hours.
- 2For the dough: In a large kitchenaid mixing bowl combine all the poolish and add to it: 1 tablespoons Honey, 1 tsp yeast, and 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt and blend well.
- 3Put dough hook on mixer and add remaining flour and mix well at low speed. Gradually add flour a little at a time with mixer running at speed 2 or so. What you are looking for is, for your dough to clear the sides of the
- 4bowl, but not the bottom. When this happens, no more flour.
- 5Knead at medium speed for about 5 minutes. Dough should freely drop off of dough hook.
- 6Put dough into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic and let rise 1 1/2 hours.
- 7at room temperature.
- 8Turn dough out onto lightly oiled surface, divide into 2 balls.
- 9Transfer balls to lightly floured surface, dust lightly with flour,.
- 10cover with plastic and let rise 1 1/2 hours.
- 11Make skins from balls. This dough makes 2 13 - 14 inch pies.
- 12Do not use a rolling pin when forming your skins it will stretch the dough.
- 13far too much. I use a slap and then stretch over the backs of my hands.
- 14Bake on a pizza stone thats been preheated for 15+minutes at 550F for 8-12 minutes. I also like to mist the edge of the dough with Extra Virgin Olive Oil before baking.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerrymac's New York Style Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.1
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 441.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g