Recipe by Audrey M
This can be made with items you have on hand.
Top Review by Beeks
This was superb! Worth 25 stars. I only had a 3 pound cross rib roast so I used that. I started the roast at 7:00 at night and it was finished at 2:00 in the morning I was tired but it was worth waiting up for. The jus sauce,consomme and salad dressing had a perfect taste combination and made the roast so tender. My bh and I had the roast on some crusty rolls with mozzarella cheese and caramelized onions baked in foil at 350 for 10 minutes. These sandwiches would put any sub shop to shame. My bh kept saying these are sooo good and I just kept eating until my belly wanted to bust. Thanks ever so much. This will become a regular in my house.
- 5 lbs boneless beef roast
- 1 package au jus mix
- 1 package good seasoning Italian salad dressing
- 10 1⁄2 ounces beef consomme
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- This step isn't necessary if you don't have time.
- Mix together all other ingredients and pour over roast.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- You can shred meat and thicken broth with flour and water or slice thin to serve on a roll.