Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
Received from a Hungry Girl Newsletter. It is a copycat recipe for the Asian Wings at Wendy's. Posting here for safe keeping.
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 nuggets
- 2 tablespoons liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and/or spray with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken in a bowl, cover with egg substitute, and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
- One at a time, transfer chicken nuggets to the flour bowl, giving them a shake first to remove excess egg substitute -- coat completely with flour, and then transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 16 minutes, flipping halfway through, until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine chili sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a bowl and mix well. Add chicken and toss to coat.
One of my friends gave me this recipe (it's 5 pts on WW). I tried it last night and it was a hit. My somewhat picky boyfriend took one bite and said "you can make this again". Fast, easy, healthy and delicious!!!! This is a keeper!