Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Low calorie, low sodium, non fat with "High" vitamins and high flavor. This salad is best if it is allowed time for the flavors to marry. Recipe from, "The Mayo Clinic Williams Sonoma Cookbook."
- 8 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3 beets, peeled and shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, beets, garlic, and cilantro.
- Add the rice vinegar and toss to mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry.
- To serve, toss well and divide among individual plates.
what's not to like?
this was easy and good tasting i used canned beet chunks and shredded carrots nice salad zaar tour 6
We really enjoyed this salad. I shredded the beets and carrots in the food processor, so this was almost no work to put together. I skipped the cilantro and added some ground corriander instead. Wonderful and this is 0 WW points-- another bonus! Thanks for sharing!