1/3 Photos of Healthy Breakfast Biscuits
1 hr 15 mins
I love biscuits and gravy in the morning, but these biscuits are so much healthier than the typical bisquick! Of course these biscuits can be made with a variety of things, but we've always made them with our Vegan Breakfast Biscuit Gravy or with some yummy jam in the morning. Originally from Patricia LaVanture's cooking program.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the water, honey or sugar, yeast and 3/4 cup each of the whole wheat and Golden White flours.
- 2together. Let stand until light, about 15 minutes.
- 3Add the other 3/4 cup of each type of flour, along with the remaining ingredients and knead lightly.
- 4Roll or pat out on a lightly oiled counter top to 3/4-inch thickness. Dust top of dough with flour. Cut with biscuit cutter or glass dipped in flour.
- 5Place cut biscuits on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Let rise on pan 15 - 20 minutes,then bake at 350°F until light brown, about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Breakfast Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (712 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g