Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a basic grilled recipe for cauliflower. Its nicely charred and has a bite. If using fresh herbs use 1 tablespoon to 1 teaspoon dried.
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into quarters keeping the main stem attached)
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml jalapeno, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
choice of spices mix and match
- 4.92 ml dried curry powder or 4.92 ml dried ground cardamom or 4.92 ml dried thyme or 4.92 ml dried rosemary or 4.92 ml dried cilantro
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Mix all ingredients but cauliflower together.
- Brush the mixture onto the cauliflower being careful not to break the flowerettes. Let marinade for 20 minutes.
- Place the quartered sections on medium high heat on an outdoor grill.
- Cook till grill marks are present about 5 minutes. Flip and grill 5 more minutes.
- At this point you can remove and enjoy crisp.
- You can place the cauliflower in heavy foil on grill and continue to cook till tender and soft to your liking.
- Place the cauliflower on indirect heat and continue till tender.
- You may need to add more oil to baste. Season with salt and pepper.
We liked this grilled cauliflower recipe. This is the first time we tried preparing it on the grill. We used a serrano pepper and curry powder for the spices. We found the cauliflower to be a bit dry, so next time DH would cut it into smaller pieces to speed the cooking and to get more "char." We are a big fan of your 16 cloves of garlic cauliflower recipe and we found we prefer that one to the grilled one. Thanks, Rita.
This was insanely delicious. I used celery salt and cumin, and my husband (who usually does not eat cauliflower) couldn't stop raving about it! We basically ate an entire head of cauliflower between the two of us. I did omit the jalapeno because my young children do not care for spicy food.
This came out really great! I actually reversed 2 of the steps: for my own needs, I started the cauliflower off on the top rack (indirect heat) for a while to soften it, then flipped it to brown it on the other side when the other stuff I was making was done, and it was delicious and tender. Thanks!