Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe posted on the Campbell's soup website several years ago, posted there by M.E.Lohmeyer. I added a little cheddar cheese to the original recipe. It's a quick way to dress up plain cream of mushroom soup and give it a little kick.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can milk (fill the soup can)
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until heated through and serve.
- NOTE: The original recipe states to puree the ingredients before adding the mushrooms, but, I prefer a more chunky texture, so I skip that step.
Bad day, had shingles. Needed something comforting and easy. This hit the spot!
Excellent flavor! And so easy to make, with ingredients I always have on hand. I think the secret is the can of green chilies.
This was very good. I used a non-condensed mushroom soup that already had plenty of mushrooms so didn't add more. Added just a touch of milk and a lot of cheese. Thanks for sharing.