Recipe by Elaniemay
In English, frieten are usually called "French fries" even though the Belgians state, that they originate from Belgium and there is nothing French about them.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes in the form of French fries and rinse them well with water. make them dry with a clean dish cloth.
- Deep fry them 5 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius,
- take them out of the oil and leave them to cool down.
- Heat the oil to 180 degrees Celsius and deep fry the fries until they are crispy on the outside and golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with salt and serve with mayonnaise.