Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
In English, frieten are usually called "French fries" even though the Belgians state, that they originate from Belgium and there is nothing French about them.
- Cut the potatoes in the form of French fries and rinse them well with water. make them dry with a clean dish cloth.
- Deep fry them 5 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius,
- take them out of the oil and leave them to cool down.
- Heat the oil to 180 degrees Celsius and deep fry the fries until they are crispy on the outside and golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with salt and serve with mayonnaise.
Cut this recipe in half, otherwise made as posted . Nice to have fries that were not store bought. Nice aand crispy, and enjoyed as a side to lunch. Made for 1-2-3 hits
As my husband said, "awesome fries." :-) I left the peels on, and fried them in a small pot in batches. I also drained them on a rack before serving. For ZWT6 family picks.
Great fries. In addition to frying twice, I soaked them in water for 3 hours to remove the starch....this makes for a "crispier" fry. Made for ZWT6 for the Unrulies Under the Influence.