Recipe by Chef Christine
What better to cook than something so fast and packed with flavor? I got this recipe from Sara Moulton's show. Instead of pulled rotisserie I just fried chicken breast with adobo. I also omitted the olives since they're not my taste. I almost went into a panic when I thought I lost the recipe. That's how much I love it!
Top Review by Evac
Great recipe!! I used jarred pesto, rotisserie chicken and jarred roasted peppers all from Costco. Easy to make and my kids loved the meal also. tip: if using jarred roasted peppers, make sure they are well drained and then pat dry with paper towels. It saves time for those busy families on the go!
- 2⁄3 cup basil pesto
- 1 (9 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups pulled cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups sliced roasted sweet peppers
- 1⁄2 cup pitted olive, halved lengthwise
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for the table
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the pesto in a large bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water.
- Whisk the pasta water into the pesto.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stiffing until soft and fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken, peppers, and olives and cook, stirring until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and cheese to the pesto and toss and combine.
- Add the chicken mixture and combine.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowls and serve immediately.
- Pass parmesan at the table.