Recipe by silly sally
Those wonderful, delectable, melt-in-your-mouth chocolates...those of you in the Northwest, especially, will recognize these candies. The recipe comes from a cookbook put out by volunteers and employees of a hospital in Washington state. Delish!! The number of mints you get, depends on how big you make them. I usually make them the size of a quarter or thereabouts. Refrigeration time is not listed.
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 lb butter (not margarine)
- 1 1⁄8 cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons imitation vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chololate over hot water, then cool.
- Cream butter.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Add cooled chocolate, vanilla and flavoring.
- Mix well and drip on waxed paper.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Store in cool, dry place.