Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my "healthed up" version of "Yummy Yogurt Berry Muffins" (Recipe #1544614), originally posted by --Leslie--. Thanks for the awesome base recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, pureed with juice (9 oz, makes approx. 1 cup pureed)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) container banana baby food
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (depending on your sweet tooth!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Splenda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, and mix in strawberries, yogurt, baby food, extract, and Stevia.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well blended.
- Separate into 12 lightly sprayed muffin tins, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from tins and cool on a wire rack. These muffins keep best in the fridge.