Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
QUICK sandwich for breakfast, lunch or a Sunday night dinner. Lots of protein and packed full of flavor!!! Add some fruit with this sammie for a good meal. I buy the Hormel 6 ounce package of Canadian bacon--it's already fully cooked!! Great for a busy day or lazy days when you don't want to heat up the kitchen!
- 1 English muffin, split in half
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, heated
- 1 egg (fried or scrambled)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Toast and butter English muffin halves.
- Arrange on half of muffin the bacon, egg and cheese. (To melt cheese: place on egg in skillet one minute before removing egg from skillet OR place in toaster-oven for one minute.).
- Top with remaining muffin half.
Made this for breakfast this morning. It was quick, easy and very good. We had no Canadian Bacon, so used regular bacon. I made one with ceddar cheese and one with swiss cheese, both were equally good.
We have been enjoying these little gems for years. I often use ham or bacon or sausage even hamburger once or twice. To really tempt your taste buds try them with pepperjack cheese instead of cheddar. :) My daughter loves them with mayo on them instead of butter. We have it down to a science using microwave to heat the meat up, and cook the eggs and assemble when muffins are toasted. Total yummmmmmm.
I can't believe I am the first reviewer! For the English Muffins I used English Muffins. The kids all said I should double the recipe next time so they could have two. These turned out so well and are filling. We will be making this again. Maybe switching bacon for the canadian bacon. :)