Recipe by HeatherFeather
Emeril made this garlic bread on an episode about preparing foods kids like to eat. I made this and it definitely went over well with my family. I served this with Emeril's lasagna for a nice Italian meal with "kick." On the episode, he used his Creole Essence, but you can use any Cajun or Creole seasoning you prefer. You can make at least 2 loaves of garlic bread with the spread, depending upon how much you like to spread per loaf.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Great garlic spread that is extra-special due to the addition of "The Essence" I made up a copycat, Recipe #5031 a while back and used it in this recipe. The leftover butter keeps well.
- 8 -12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon emeril's creole Emeril's Original Essence (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
Additional ingredients (for 14 slices)
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf Italian bread, 22-inch long
- parsley, garnish (optional)
- paprika, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Split the French bread in half lengthwise. Lay the bread, crust side down, on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the butter in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir together until blended.
- Spread the some of the butter mixture evenly onto the bread, reserve the rest for more garlic bread (keeps at least 1 week in fridge, bring to room temp before using and stir well).
- Garnish with some paprika and chopped parsley if desired for a bit more color.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly,about 15 to 18 minutes, checking early so it doesn't burn.
- Remove from the oven.
- Carefully slice diagonally into 7 slices per half and serve immediately.