Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This very easy & quick to make recipe comes from my "Food for your Heart" cookbook. A low fat alternative to a traditional Stroganoff sauce. Nice with grilled steak, chicken, kebabs, meatloaf or pasta.
- 2 cups mushrooms (finely chopped, measure after chopping)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Saute the mushrooms in a non stick pan for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the sour cream, yoghurt and black pepper.
- Mix well and heat through.
- Serve warm as required.
- *I sometimes sprinkle with a little chopped parsley for added colour and flavour.
This tasted great over steak. Probably not quite as tasty as some mushroom sauces but worth 5-stars for the low-fat content and quick preparation.
This got very mixed reviews tonight from the family. One loved it, one didn't like it at all and 2 ate it but said it was lacking in flavor. I used baby portabella mushrooms which have more flavor then your standard white or button mushrooms and served the sauce over egg noodles. It is a recipe that I will try again however, I will add some herbs and spices to doctor it up a bit.
We love mushroom sauce.How nice to find such a good one that is also good for you. Thanks for posting. I made this for The Australia/New Zealand Recipe Swap. Rita/Sage