Recipe by violetmac24
Tired of regular birthday cake try this one. It really is good, fun and not that much more work.
Top Review by Sweet Desire
You can use a silicone round baking pan for your ice cream. Just grease it really good then put the ice cream in it and freeze (or line it with wax paper, that way you can lift it out). It'll turn out the shape of the cake and will come out easy.
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix, your choice
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 gallon ice cream, your choice
- 3 (16 ounce) jars frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the cake according to directions in two 8" round pans.
- While cake is baking let the ice cream soften a bit.
- Spread ice cream, about 1/2 inch thick on buttered cookie sheet, if you can form about the same size as the cake.
- Place in freezer until frozen well.
- When cake is cooled completely (very important) cut each layer in half with long knife.
- Carefully separate layers.
- Place the ice cream in the middle of each layer of cake.
- So it is cake, ice cream, cake.
- Place in freezer about an hour.
- Remove from freezer, frost bottom, place on second layer, frost.
- Place in freezer another hour.
- Frosting should be frozen.
- Wrap in plastic wrap till ready to serve. When you are ready to serve heat knife in hot water before cutting.