Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Use refrigerated crescent roll dough and work quickly to keep dough from warming up. Delicious with stews and soups, or with breakfast or brunch.
- 1 (6 count) package crescent roll dough
- 6 slices gruyere, cheese (or good quality Swiss, very thin slices)
- 6 slices lean smoked ham (thin slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll dough into 6 wedges on lightly floured surface. Put one slice of ham on widest end of each dough wedge and top with slice of cheese, tucking in any that hangs over the edges of the dough. Roll the dough tightly into crescent shape.
- Place rolls on cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and brush tops with softened butter. Serve immediately.
When I got up this morning, I said why don't we put ham and cheese inside of croissants and bake 'em for breakfast? We did some with pepper jack cheese and some with cheddar, and they are to-die-for delicious. We didn't top them with butter, but they're still very flaky and buttery. Thank you so much for posting this!