Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you are like me you forget to take out the chicken the night before you want to cook it, this is a great and easy way to cook frozen chicken breast. I have used left over pasta sauce topped with cheese and BBQ sauce with honey and brown sugar added in. Use any sauce you have. The measurements are up to you, I had to put something. You need enough sauce to cover the chicken.
- 2-6 frozen chicken breasts, 1 per person
- 354.88 ml barbecue sauce or 354.88 ml pasta sauce
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml honey
- 118.29 ml carrots (any veggies) or 118.29 ml potato (any veggies)
- 2-6 slice cheese, 1 per chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place frozen chicken breast in dish.
- Top with sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Options: Add veggies for a one dish meal.
- If using cheese, put it on the last 2 minutes of cook time. This.
- gives it time to melt and brown if you like it that way.
Excellent and can't believe that it works! My children were raving about how good it smelled half way through! I used a fairly liberal amount of Bullseye chicken and rib sauce. As others said, not done in 45 minutes, but these were large breasts. Recommend flipping them over half way through, that might help. Going to try that next time.
Perfect, cut to the chase! Yes I am like you, love that you did this. And for those worried about covering it or not, take a chill pill and just do it or not. Or just be sensible and cover for the first half and then remove it to crisp for second. Tin foil is a matter of preference.
Come one people! Get real. Every single chicken breast you take out of a frozen bag or package is going to vary in thickness and size. You can cook 6 small thin ones in 30 minutes or 2 huge fat ones in 50 minutes. It all varies in time. This recipe is super easy, fast and tastes really nice. If you're in doubt, stick a thin knife through the thick part and if the juice is not completely clear, cook for 5 or 10 more minutes and try again. If it is clear but you're still not sure, cut that section through and make sure there is zero pink left in the middle.