1/1 Photo of Dessert - Mishti Dohi - an Indian Style Cheesecake
I have known this recipe to be a traditional Indian bengali sweet dish. Mishti is sweet in Bengali and Dohi is yoghurt. Bengal has given India a range of sweet dishes that include sandesh, ras malai, rasgulla and mishti dohi. Here is a quick and tasty adaptation of the dessert that I learnt from a Bengali friend. To me it tasted a little like cheese cake, but my husband disagrees. So I would suggest all cheese cake lovers to try it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix condensed milk, milk and yoghurt with an egg whisk.
- 2Add the vanilla essence.
- 3Transfer it into your glass serving bowl.
- 4Bake it in the oven at 350 degree F for 20 minutes.
- 5Let it cool down to room temperature.
- 6Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- 7Serve with graham crackers crumbs.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dessert - Mishti Dohi - an Indian Style Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.4
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 324.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 61.0 g
- Protein 14.4 g