Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received this recipe from my sister. It is impossible to tell that this is low-fat. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 1 pint low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup dry leek soup mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian salad dressing mix
- Combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut insides out of round bread loaf.
- Spoon dip into bread bowl.
- Serve with slices of French baguette.
I like it. Lowfat sour cream and reduced fat mayo, you'd never know. My boyfriend liked it a lot too.
To make this recipe even healthier, and lower fat, simply substitute the low-fat mayo and sour cream for the fat-free versions of both. There's no difference in taste! Try serving it with waffle pretzels or serve with a potato bread (you can buy loafs of this bread just about anywhere, it's gluten free, and low cal.) Using a serrated (jagged edge) knife, cut off the crust and stack 2-3 slices together at a time. Cut into four even squares. Repeat and then arrange on a plate or platter around a bread bowl or serving bowl.
It's a bit more work but you could also make mini "sandwiches", and place a small toothpick in the center of each one.