Recipe by kellychris
From "River Roads Recipes II". Submitted by Mr. Fonville Winans. Posted for ZWT5.
- 1 lb crawfish, claws cooked
- 1 quart milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg
- 8 salted soda crackers, crumpled with a rolling pin
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 8 cooked crawfish, claws extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush or crack all claws with a pair of pliers.
- Put the crushed claws in a stew pan and add milk, bring slowly to a boil.
- Remove from fire and let stand for about an hour.
- Drain all milk from claws into another saucepan.
- Add all the other ingredients, except parsley and extra claws, to the milk.
- Heat slowly, while stirring, until hot.
- Ladle out into 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle on parsley.