Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw Emeril prepare this on The Rosie O'Donnel Show as a kid friendly recipe. I think it is grown-up friendly too!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into nuggets
- 1⁄2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 cup corn flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Combine chicken and BBQ sauce in bowl.
- Crush corn flakes in zipper bag.
- Season with garlic powder.
- Shake sauce coated chicken a couple of pieces at a time in zipper bag with crushed corn flakes Bake on baking sheet at 350 for 25 minutes or until done.
- Serve with BBQ sauce for dipping.
Very tasty, but needed a lot more cornflakes to even coat the chicken much less make a decently solid coating like in the picture. It's a lot of sauce for that much chicken as well.
I saw that a lot of the reviews were good so I figured I would give it a try. You need 3-4 cups of corn flakes and I think they should be ground finer and I think it called for a little too much BBQ sauce as it was clumping the corn flakes together in the bag making it hard to coat the nuggets. Half way through I gave up and breaded the rest with bread crumbs. The flavor was just "ok". Overall I am not impressed and will not make these again.
The kids wouldn't eat these because they said they tasted like dry cereal. My husband and I agreed. They seemed to lack flavor.