1/1 Photo of Coconut-Lentil Chutney
This is a one really easy and incredibly tasty chutney. This is my mom's recipe and no one makes it better, honest :) Store the chutney in the refrigerator (for not longer than a day; after that it usually goes bad), unless using it immediately, since the coconut makes it very perishable.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small frying pan, take 1/2 tsp oil and fry the chickpeas till it turns slightly brown.
- 2After it cools, grind it with grated coconut, green chillies and salt in a mixer.
- 3Slowly add water while grinding.
- 4The consistency of the mixture should be akin to that of ketchup.
- 5Now, in the same frying pan, heat the remaining 1/2 tsp of oil, add the mustard seeds, split black gram and curry leaves.
- 6When the mustard sputters, add this to the ground coconut mixture.
- 7Serve this chutney with idlis or dosas.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Lentil Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: