Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These do not look like Mounds or Almond Joys, but the taste is very similar. I make these every Christmas along with my cookies and they are very easy and quick to make. They are very pretty on a tray when placed in decorated mini muffin liners.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
So excellent! I've been searching for this recipe for several Christmas' now. I used to make these every year because I love these things. I never thought of doing the nut half but it works really well - I like it. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted
- almond halves or slivered almonds (optional)
- Combine melted butter, sugar and coconut and mix well.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls into balls and place on cookie or baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Flatten each ball slightly by making an indentation in the center with thumb or finger.
- Fill centers with melted chocolate.
- Place an almond half or sliver on top, if desired.
- Chill until firm and store in refrigerator.