Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These do not look like Mounds or Almond Joys, but the taste is very similar. I make these every Christmas along with my cookies and they are very easy and quick to make. They are very pretty on a tray when placed in decorated mini muffin liners.
- Combine melted butter, sugar and coconut and mix well.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls into balls and place on cookie or baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Flatten each ball slightly by making an indentation in the center with thumb or finger.
- Fill centers with melted chocolate.
- Place an almond half or sliver on top, if desired.
- Chill until firm and store in refrigerator.
So excellent! I've been searching for this recipe for several Christmas' now. I used to make these every year because I love these things. I never thought of doing the nut half but it works really well - I like it. Thanks for posting the recipe.
These were good. I used the little muffin cups, makes them shape up nicely. Next time I think I will use the milk chocolate instead of the semi-sweet to give them a real creamy chocolaty flavor. I might also cut down on the butter a bit, but I'm not sure if they would hold together as well. For coconut fans this is it!
I added about 1/2 t. almond extract-they seemed a little plain. They tasted awesome, my kids are making a second batch as we speak (10:00 pm on a school night). I put them in cupcake tins with melted chocolate in the bottom. I am going to make them in mini cupcake papers for Christmas trays. Thanks a lot!!