Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Inspired from the Pillsbury Bake Off "Cinnamon French Toast Bake", I took some liberties and made it my own! Enjoy!
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 13 x 9 dish with cooking spray.
- Remove rolls from can (feel free to use the reduced fat, non-"Grands" version). Separate into rolls and then cut each roll into 8 pieces. Place cut rolls in prepared dish. Set included icing aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg beaters, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour over rolls.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove covers from icing. Microwave 10 to 15 seconds and then drizzle over particially cooled casserole. Enjoy!
- Serve with additional maple syrup if desired (I never have needed it.).
No stars for this review since I altered the recipe so much, but I loved the basis of this dish! I used an 8x8 pan and just one tube of generic cinnamon rolls and cut each roll in half. I placed each roll half in the pan and tossed in cooked turkey sausages that I'd diced up. Cooked according to the package directions and topped with the frosting- yum! Perfectly sweet and savory- no mushiness! So good!
Mine turned out watery and mushy on the bottom. Nice golden brown on the top. Think they would have been better out of the can and baked the usual way.