These bars are KILLER! This will make 2 dozen larger bars, or 3 dozen smaller bars ;)
Make and share this Chocochip, Coconut & Macadamia Nut Cookie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a small saucepan melt butter.
- Stir in your crumbs, and combine thoroughly.
- Press mixture into a 13x9 pan.
- Pour the condensed milk evenly over the crumbs, and then scatter the chocolate chips evenly.
- Next, sprinkle the coconut and nuts evenly.
- Now, press down firmly over the entire mixture.
- Put into your preheated oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on top of a wire rack.
delicious and so easy to make! i love the coconut/chocolate/nut plavor. i didn't have macadamias so i used pistachios and peanuts, they tasted great.
These didn't work for me, and it's probably my fault. I could't find chocolate wafers so I substituted Oreos -- huge mistake! They were greasy, way too sweet, and I literally ad to chisel them out of the pan. I'm sure these are good when made with chocolate wafers though.
We call theese congo bars.