1/2 Photos of Chili-Rubbed Chicken With Horseradish
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is out of my Hot & Spicy magazine cookbook...the book says that the combination may seem strange but remember that horseradish is a member of the mustard family...it's bite is agreeably balanced with maple syrup and chili power...I finally made this...it has a nice touch of sweetness and just a slight flavor of horseradish...we really enjoyed it! Hope you do too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels and cut slits in skin of breast and drumsticks.
- 3Stir together horseradish and maple syrup.
- 4Stuff horseradish mixture in slits and rub into meat so mixture is spread evenly under the skin.
- 5Brush chicken with oil.
- 6Combine chili powder and salt; rub over the chicken.
- 7Tie the legs together and twist the wing tips under the back.
- 8Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 9Roast, uncovered, in a 375°F oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or till the drumsticks move freely and the juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili-Rubbed Chicken With Horseradish
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.3
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 208.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 25.3 g