Recipe by Kitzy
This is very easy to put together and looks rather pretty. Serve it with some fresh bread.
Top Review by woodland hues
This is absolute indulgence of the best kind! There are salads and then there's this one! We were won over with the first bite. The flavours are sensational - bacon, garlic, spinach, the beans, yogurt,...you get the picture! I didn't measure anything too much, mostly eyeballed it; used 5 strips bacon, the butterbeans came in a 280 gr tin and we used it all, used a can of chickpeas, and used almost (what looked like) a cup of yogurt. By the way, the butterbeans came in tomato sauce, which complements the other ingredients well. I drained the can but not very thoroughly, and I may not drain it at all next time. We can hardly wait to have this again! Such a good and satisfying feeling in my tummy! Thanks a million for posting, Kitzy.
- 100 g fresh spinach, washed
- 125 g bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 200 g chickpeas, drained
- 200 g butter beans, drained
- 100 g plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed (or 3 leaves wild garlic, finely chopped)
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and pepper. Set aside.
- Divide the spinach between the two plates.
- Fry the bacon until it's almost done, then add the beans and yoghurt mixture. Keep stirring so it doesn't stick or burn and keep on the heat until everything is hot through.
- Spoon the mixture over the spinach leaves and stir.