Recipe by Diet It Up
I lightened up this chicken salad by using fat free yogurt in place of half the mayo. I stick with regular mayo as opposed to light mayo. The light stuff has half the calories as the original, but it loads up on artificial ingredients and thickeners to counteract the loss of calories. Plus, it just tastes strange. I like the salad on a whole wheat bun, but you could just scoop it on a bed of lettuce to cut back on carbs.
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt (regular or Greek)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, celery and chives in a medium bowl. I use bone-in, skin-on chicken breast that I season with salt, pepper and garlic and roast at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Discard the skin and bones and cut into cubes.
- Add mayo and yogurt and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a whole wheat bun or scoop onto a bed of lettuce.