Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A twist on the classic coke float! Prep time does not include time to chill cherry cola or to chill the glasses.
- 4 cups cherry cola, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 scoops fudge ripple ice cream
- 4 maraschino cherries
- whipped cream (optional)
- Chill the cherry cola and place 4 mugs or glasses in the freezer to chill.
- Once chilled, in a pitcher combine the cherry cola and vanilla extract.
- Place two scoops of fudge ripple ice cream in each of four chilled glasses.
- Pour the cola over the ice cream; top each float with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
The hubby loves floats/shakes so made this as a surprise treat for him. Had a bit of trouble finding the fudge ripple ice cream but it was well worth the effort. We loved using Cherry Coke with the fudge ripple ice cream, reminded us of a chocolate covered cherry. :) Definitely add the whipped cream and cherry to top. Made and reviewed for the For Your Consideration recipe tag game.
Oh yum, breezermom. The chocolate and cherry flavors together were wonderful in this updated version of a classic treat. I couldn't find Fudge Ripple ice cream so I used Vanilla Fudge Sundae ice cream which is just your basic vanilla ice cream with ribbons of chocolate ice cream and small bits of chocolate chunks. Made for your win in the 2013 Football Pool.
I loved the switch with Cherry Coke!!! Reminded me of when I was young and when to roller skate and always got a cherry coke. I subbed plain vanilla and Diet Cherry Coke but otherwise followed as written. Thanks for sharing a fun twist on this float. Made for your win in the football pool, congrats!!!